Father’s Day is tomorrow so I wanted to write a little special something to the future father of my children.
Dear Future Husband,
I just want to start off by telling you how much I love you. I have no clue who you are but I know I love you more than anyone else on this earth. I may or may not have met you already but I am hoping only the very best for you. If you haven’t found the gospel in your life already, I am praying you are on that path to finding it. If you have found the gospel, I am praying that you are striving to live the covenants you have made with your Father in Heaven. I pray that you are able to overcome the things that may be holding you down right now. I pray that you have good days and when you don’t that you draw nearer to God on those days. I want you to know that when I was a beehive, a little 12 year old girl, I was told to always pray for my husband. I want you to know that I have prayed for you almost everyday since then. I only want the best for you so I am praying that you are able to find happiness and you are making the decisions that are leading you closer to making the sacred covenant with Heavenly Father and me one day in the temple. So (future) honey, stay strong, turn to Heavenly Father, use the Savior’s Atonement.
There are a few things I already know about us and our future relationship.
- you make me laugh more than anyone else. I know this because when I love someone, I find the littlest things funny. Keep it up. 😉
- you must be pretty special. You and our future little ones are the only feet I am able to handle. I hate feet but I love yours because they are you.
- again, you must be pretty special. You got past the interview with my Dad, step-dad, 5 brothers, and all the men in my life that (think they) have an opinion in who I marry. You’re either a tough man or they really, really do love you, it is probably both.
- I trust you. I love easily but it is hard for me to trust someone with my life. Thank you for being the person that I can turn to be always be there.
- you are my best friend. There is no one else I would want to be with for eternity than my best friend. You know me inside out and you accept it all and embrace it all.
- you’re perfect. You will probably disagree with this statement but it is absolutely true. I find every part of you perfect, even the imperfections. It is the quirky, little things that make me fall in love with you on a regular basis.
I also have hopes for us. Like all relationships I hope would have.
I hope we have kids. If we can’t have kids of our own, I hope we adopt. It is hard thinking that we may not be able to have kids but I know that we are supposed to. I would love to adopt if that’s what it takes. I hope we raise our children with love and tenderness but we also teach them to obey the rule and do what they are told. I hope we raise our children in a way that they know how to gain their own testimony. I hope they can follow our example and look up to our marriage as an example of what their goals are.
I hope our love can make it through anything. I know that if we are married in the temple and work every minute to have a stronger marriage then it will make it through anything. One of us may get sick. We will probably lose a good job at some point. We will probably have to move somewhere we don’t know about. Loses in the family will happen. Disagreements will arise. Trials are bound to happen but I know as we will try our best and lean on the Lord then we can make it through these things, no matter what they are. We can be together for eternity.
I hope and pray that we live our temple covenants completely. I’ve seen it enough times where even those married within the covenant fall apart. I don’t want that to happen to us. More than anything else in the world I don’t want that to happen in our life. I want you for eternity. We chose each other for a reason. Let us not forget why, let us stay strong, and let us constantly be worthy and attend the temple often to remind us of the sacred promise we have made with each other.
Lastly, I want to thank you. Thank you for saving yourself for me. Thank you for preparing yourself for me. Thank you for being who you are. Thank you for loving me even when I seem unlovable. Thank you for being strong when I need you to, please remember I am strong for you too and it’s okay sometimes to not be strong. Thank you for being a worthy priesthood holder. Thank you for loving God more than you love me. Thank you for putting up with and adoring my weird quirks, like my laugh. Thank you for loving my family and thank you for letting me love your family. Thank you being you. Thank you for choosing me. I am excited for everything that Heavenly Father has in store for us.
I love you… a lot and I love you now more than I loved you when I wrote this.
Let’s do this thing!